If it wasn't for Rose and Dick Arthur, I would not be a candidate today.
Before Rose, no Democratic candidate who hadn't lived in town for decades had ever become a state rep. I still hear the stories about how she knocked on every single door in town and stood next to the F.E Everett Turnpike with a sign not for herself, but against the tolls during that campaign in '98.
She is the precedent I set myself by, because she is the proof to help me convince others that what I set out to do is not impossible by any means.
In 2004, Dick and I helped her with her campaign for State Senate and learned what it would take to truly be a candidate, and I keep those lessons with me to this day.
Although they're not campaigning actively, I want to thank Rose and Dick Arthur for putting their names on the ballot for State Rep this year. Any success I have will be due in large part to the ground they broke in the late 90s.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment