Saturday, October 11, 2008

North Of The Border

The other day while canvassing I knocked on a door of a voter only to find a Canadian citizen.

Before you call Sheriff Bud Boomer, the person who I talked to was there visiting relatives here in town. Even though I can't get his vote, we still talked about politics in Canada's federal election next week.

The Canadians are having their third parliamentary election in four years, and from the sounds of it, most Canadians are more interested in our election than their own, as the biggest question seems to be whether or not the Conservatives would form another minority government or if they'd get a full majority of the seats in Parliament on their own.

In the end though, it seems that despite all the differences (elections can be held at any time, the head of state is a figurehead, campaigning in multiple languages, etc.), from the sounds of the guy I talked to, it seems that people up there are just as disenchanted with their method of doing things as we are with ours.

No comments: