There was a woman I met the other day who almost wasn't going to talk to me, but then decided she might as well. I'm glad she did, because of her story.
Apparently she has spinabifida due to birth defects passed down from her father, who was exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam. Her condition is advanced, so she has a hard time walking let along doing any sort of job, so she takes care of her kids along with her mother while her boyfriend is working and going to college to gain the skills needed to become a corrections officer.
I was honest in saying that all I could offer was my best effort because in the end, that's all I can promise to her. After leaving, I let Carol Shea Porter's office know about their situation, Carol has a great track record with helping veterans, but I hope i'm able to go to Concord and help make sure that woman's family is able to not have to worry about paying the bills despite the tragedies they've had to face
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment