I have to admit, the first time when I saw a sign up in Manchester for a guy named "Burns" running for County Treasurer, I was thinking of the Mr. Burns from the Simpsons.
However, it turns out that the Republican candidate is not a 101 year old nuclear energy magnate, but rather Bob Burns, vice chair of the Manchester Republicans and one of the guests on WMUR's Up Close program about young candidates a few weeks ago.
Our current Treasurer, Chris Pappas, is also closer to my age than the average politician, while being the chair of the Manchester Democrats and running the Puritan Restaurant, a feat in itself.
I know that County Treasurer is not seen by most as a big race, but i'm surprised that more people aren't applauding the fact that both Chris and Bob are both young people getting involved in politics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment