Saturday, October 11, 2008

Third Party Candidates

A few voters I've talked to want to vote for third party candidates, and as strange as it may seem, I want to be perfectly honest in saying that I want to help them if that's what they want.

Barring the fact that I believe that a Representative should follow the wishes to the best of their abilities regardless of their own conflicting beliefs, I would have no reason not to support better ballot access for anyone who wants it.

It isn't right when anyone who wants to run for office should be able to do so as they choose without having to go through extra steps just because they do not belong to a major party. And I say this as a partisan, because to me, that inequality goes against what being a Democrat is.

I am probably not going to vote for Third Party candidates, but that doesn't mean their voices should not be heard along side major party candidates whether they are on the left or the right.

No comments: