God, I wish every day during the home stretch of the campaign could be halloween.
Normally going door to door is a difficult task, and as the election goes on, voters get more and more ornery at having to talk to yet another person (i.e: you, mr./ms. candidate/organizer/activist)
But on Halloween, instead of yelling at you, they give you candy!
Unless you are diabetic, how can anybody not like that. Heck, even if you are diabetic, just put the candy in your pocket and feel good about the fact that political activists have one night of the year where they don't mind talking to people, but embrace it.
Even the most difficult part of the holiday, the costume, was easy, I just said I was dressed up as a politician.
The highlight was when one woman asked me to leave her neighborhood because I was "soliciting", to which I told her: "yeah, somebody's gotta tell all these kids dressed up to stop soliciting", to which she realized she was being rude, smiled...and gave me candy.
God I love Halloween.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment